Kerry Travellers Health and Community Development Project invites applications for the full-time position of
DEVELOPMENT WORKER with responsibility for the co-ordination and implementation of a dynamic portfolio of projects in Kerry focused on supporting Traveller Culture and Ethnicity in partnership with the Traveller community and in line with community development principles. A key goal for the Worker will be the engagement of Traveller Youth.
This is a two-year fixed term contract and is funded by the HSE.
Ideally, the successful applicant will have:
• Qualification and/or Training in a relevant field.
• Minimum of 3 years’ paid/voluntary Work Experience in Youth or Community Development or Community Arts or Cultural Animation or related discipline.
• Experience of working directly with the Traveller Community.
• Excellent Facilitation, Organisational, Motivational and Communication skills.
• Demonstrable commitment to Community Development approaches and principles.
• Strong track record in community-based and capacity building programs, particularly with respect to supporting strong and strategic partnerships.
• A full Driving License and access to own transport.
The candidate should have a good awareness and appreciation of the issues facing the Traveller Community and of Traveller Culture and Ethnicity, and have flexibility around working hours.
For Job Description and Application Form please contact:
Project Administrator, Kerry Travellers Health & Community Development Project, Mitchel’s Road, Tralee, Co. Kerry
Telephone: 066 712 0054
Closing date for completed application forms is 1pm on Wednesday, 12th March 2014
Applicants will be shortlisted for interview based on the information supplied in the application form and on the requirements of the post. Interviews will be held on Friday, 21st March 2014.
Kerry Travellers Health & Community Development Project is an Equal Opportunities Employer.