Kerry Travellers Health & Community Development Project invite applications for the position of Traveller Community Health Worker to work in its Health Action Zone Project for 15 hours per week.
This is a part time fixed term contract of employment and is subject to funding from the Traveller Health Unit and satisfactory performance. It will terminate on Friday, 28th June 2013.
There are Health Action Zone areas in Tralee, Killarney, Listowel and Castleisland.
The ideal candidate would:
- Be a member of the Traveller Community.
- Have some 2nd-level education (or training in healthcare / community development / a related field).
- Some experience in a health / community / youth setting.
- Previous involvement with Traveller events and activities.
- Understand issues affecting Travellers’ health
- A commitment to support Travellers’ rights
- Good people skills (confidence in working in the community / doing outreach work / visiting people in their homes).
- Flexibility around working hours, including evening and some weekend work.
- Be able to work on one’s own initiative and as part of a team.
- Good standard of literacy.
- A full driving license and access to transport
Click the titles below to access the official job advert, job description and a downloadable application form (in Word format). Completed applications can be sent to us via email (email@example.com) or post. Please note that completed applications should be received no later than 1pm on Tuesday 29th January 2013.